Welcome to DNV GL
DNV GL is a global, leading authority in business and technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification, along the energy value-chain
In a world of increasing demand for energy, DNV GL has a major role to play in ensuring the availability, reliability, sustainability and profitability of energy and related products and processes. We combine unique expertise and facilities, in order to add value to our customers in the field of risk, performance and quality management.
With over 2,300 experts in more than 30 countries around the world, DNV GL is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. The company is headquartered in Arnhem, the Netherlands. DNV GL is one of three companies in the DNV Group, alongside DNV Maritime and Oil & Gas and DNV Business Assurance.
DNV is a global provider of services for managing risk and serves a range of high-risk industries, with a special focus on the maritime and energy sectors. Companies and authorities all over the world rely on DNV’s independent assessment, technology expertise and non-compromising standards of quality, safety and integrity to build the trust and confidence of their stakeholders. Established in 1864, DNV is an independent foundation with a global network of over 300 offices in 100 countries, headquartered in Oslo, Norway. Its more than 10,000 professionals are committed to the purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment.”
The merger between DNV and GL is now approved and the new company - DNV GL – is operational from September 12, 2013.
DNV GL is:
- the world’s largest ship and offshore classification society and a recognised advisor for the maritime industry
- a world-leading independent provider of risk management, technical advisory and technical assurance services to the upstream oil & gas industry
- a world-leading provider of testing, certification and advisory services to companies in the electrical power value chain
- a world-leading provider of software for managing risk and improving asset performance in the energy, process and maritime industry
- and one of the leading certification bodies in the world
DNV GL comprises about 17,000 employees across 300 sites in more than 100 countries, and have revenues of EUR 2,500 million per year.